Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The best books of the year?

It's that time of year again. Everybody and his brother is coming up with lists of the year's best books, or the year's most notable, or some such. Year's most heavily hyped and most suitable for writing long, tedious, and pseudo-learned articles about, in many cases.

Should you care, a commenter kindly sent us the URL for the Canadian Globe and Mail's hot 100; the UK Sunday Times has a list; and so does the New York Times, if you can be bothered to register. I did once, but it seems to have forgotten me, so the hell with it.

Jessa Crispin worries that she's only read four of the NYT's list. She began to read some of the others but got distracted by an episode of Lost. Well yes. Entirely understandable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the first time this year, I've found those useful. I've needed to get some presents for relatives I don't know, and they're actually not bad for throwing out ideas. I hate myself for weakening like this!

Anonymous said...

alright, so i was reading a bunch of reviews and i came across this survey on the best books of 05. i think you guys should check it out it's readerschoiceonline.org